|Job title||Junior Communication Designer|
|Department||In-house creative studio|
|Reporting to||Head of design UK|
|Location||London or Singapore|
|Summary||Producing high quality, creative outputs to convey insights and data from market research projects, as well as producing marketing deliverables for local and global teams|
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Junior Communication Designer to join the in-house design team at a global market research company.
Kadence International is a global boutique market research agency, with over 25 years’ experience. With offices spanning Asia, Europe and the U.S., we have the reach of a large agency, combined with the agility and personalised service of a boutique. We have become a trusted partner for high profile clients across the world, utilising a range of research methodologies – traditional and more innovative, from brand and comms testing to testing new pack designs using augmented reality, and we are on a mission to raise the impact of research for our clients.
Why join our team?
The in-house design team at Kadence works collaboratively with global and local teams to produce creative materials that communicate key insights and data for our clients and their stakeholders, as well as developing and crafting a diverse range of deliverables for marketing and research purposes. The design team have been instrumental in developing the creative capabilities at Kadence, as well as contributing to our innovation initiatives across the wider Kadence group, and we expect this to continue to impact on the business and its growth over the next few years.
The Junior Communication Designer will play a key role in elevating the visual storytelling of our work, focusing on graphic design for a variety of static and interactive digital mediums, which can include video, animation, and motion graphics, as well as illustration work. It is a varied role and would suit a junior creative designer looking to develop their graphic design and visual communication skills, as well as expanding their knowledge in other areas such as video editing, motion graphics and data visualisation.
What is the focus of the Junior Communication Designer role?
The key focus of the Junior Communication Designer will be to support the design and research teams at Kadence to produce a variety of creative deliverables and visual outputs. This role focuses on bringing insights and data to life through visual storytelling across a variety of mediums, as well as visualizing concepts, products and ideas.
What do we require for this role?
- A graphic designer with strong information design and visualization skills, including typography and layout
- A designer who is comfortable working with different client brand guidelines and applying these to creative solutions, and maintaining brand consistency
- A passion for learning and experimenting with new technology, design and visualisation software, and design methods
- A passion for visual communication and strategic thinking, and applying this to how creative deliverables may be used by clients or internal teams and stakeholders
- The ability to work effectively on multiple projects at once
- A good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- MS Office: PowerPoint – a working knowledge and willingness to engage with this software to produce presentations and pitches
- Additional software knowledge, advantageous but not required: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD, Sketch, Adobe Dimension, Figma or Miro
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher, in graphic design, communications design, or an equivalent visual degree
- A design portfolio showcasing relevant work
- Experience: This is an entry-level/junior position for a creative designer with up to 3 years relevant experience
- This role can be based in the UK, Singapore or remotely from a European country.
Additional technical skills, not required but advantageous:
- Basic video editing and motion graphics experience is advantageous, but not required, along with an interest in developing these skills.
- Digital illustration and 3D modelling or visualization skills are advantageous, but not required.
Soft skills and qualities we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and open to new ideas and ways of working
- The ability to clearly and confidently present ideas, designs and concepts
- We are a small team, so this person needs to be collaborative and flexible
- The ability to participate as an active team member in workshops, meetings, and ideation sessions
- An interest in market research, new technologies and innovation
- Additional language(s) advantageous
What we offer in return:
We offer a constructive, trusting, and nurturing environment with diverse projects and an international team. As well as providing plenty of opportunities for training and development, we provide our staff with flexible working arrangements and the option of working remotely, team activities and social events, healthcare benefits, pension contributions and the opportunity to take part in various initiatives outside of day-to-day project work.
How to apply for this role:
If you think you are a good fit for this role and you are excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic market research agency, we would love to hear from you!
Please respond with your CV, design portfolio and a cover letter describing why you are right for this role.